Monday, March 12, 2012

HOW TO MAKE THE INTERNET YOUR SERVANT, NOT YOUR MASTER, IN YOUR JOB SEARCH

You would not believe me if I told you that several of my educated clients spent 80% of their job search time trying to find jobs only on the Internet. The overall results were dismal! None of them had ever landed a job with a salary exceeding $50,000 per year.
Of course the Internet is a valuable tool during the job hunting process. But that's exactly what it is, a tool! A servant! Not your master which envelopes you and consumes all your time.
I would give the Internet a 1%-2% chance of getting you a job lead in the well-paid professional categories.
I am not saying do not use the Internet.....what I am saying is guard your time during job search, and use the Internet judiciously!

No comments: